My office looks like a giant garage sale.
And by garage sale, I’m referring to the excess amount of blogging paraphernalia including (but not limited to) Anthropologie bowls, dishes, legos, stacks of bills, a random nesting suitcase, and other props that seem to make sense all in the name of creativity.
But it’s absurd.
You can barely walk around without tripping over something. And from an outsider’s perspective, it must look like I’m a doomed hoarder or something! I have grand plans to clean it all one day but for now, I’ll settle on the excuse that it’s just a tiny room. You know, small house problems…
However, buried beneath the endless piles, a small bottle of treasure was unearthed from the rubble.
Contrary to the picture, my blogging sessions are not fueled by swigs of tequila (although, sometimes I wonder…).
This little bottle was discovered while rummaging around looking for an envelope. It was at the bottom of a gift bag I received from the Saveur Blog Awards. There were lots of things in that bag, including a fresh lime that has now turned a terrifying shade of gray.
Anyhow, when life hands you tequila…
One must prepare cocktails.
And these peachy margaritas are so easy to make, they only take about 5 minutes! It’s just like making a smoothie.
A happy hour smoothie.
We begin by chopping up 2 juicy white peaches…
White peaches are a seasonal treat from the Gods!
It’s nice to switch up the fruit bowl once in a while, you know? In comparison to yellow peaches, they’re just a touch sweeter and have a light floral quality to them. I wish you could sniff one. White nectarines would be nice too…
After you’ve chopped up your peaches, throw them into a blender. Top with tequila, Triple sec, the juice of 1 lemon, and honey.
(I told you this was easy)
PS- Usually, cocktails are sweetened with simple syrup, a mixture of equal parts sugar and water cooked down until syrupy. Opting for honey is much faster, better for you, and more convenient. You don’t have to deal with boiling (and cooling) a hot syrupy liquid. Plus, I think honey compliments the natural sweetness of white peaches quite nicely. Again, think floral.
It’s natural amber color lends the most beautiful golden hue to these margaritas as well.
And then there’s mint…
I’ve talked about my mint a gazillion times ever since its garden takeover this past spring, and I’m continually stunned by it’s resilience. It should be dead by now. Surprisingly, my mint has survived our intense July heat waves, torrential down pours, and the most unpredictable factor: my kids.
It’s now blooming these white fuzzy things that look like caterpillars, which I’ve used for garnish.
Once your peaches are perfectly blended, pour into glasses filled with ice.
Top with a few peach slices… and you’re done.
Is it Friday, yet?!
• • • • • • • • • •
PS: For more seasonal drink ideas, check out With Food + Love and Will Frolic For Food. Sherrie and Renee have compiled the work of some incredible bloggers who know how to shake up a creative cocktail! It’s refreshing. Inspiring. And it will make your mouth water (see full list at the end of this post). Cheers!
- I use my powerful Vitamix to blend the heck out of the peaches. If your blender is not the greatest, puree in batches and/or add a splash of water to loosen up the ingredients. Strain if necessary to make the puree perfectly smooth.
- If you have the time, or if you plan in advance, freeze the peach slices as ‘ice’ for garnish. Do this on a parchment lined plate to prevent sticking.
- Not into booze? No problem. Leave out the alcohol and sub in some sparkling water for a cool and refreshing non-alcoholic beverage.
- Recipe adapted from Bobby Flay.
- 3 juicy white peaches, unpeeled
- 3 tbsp good-quality tequila (I used Patron Silver)
- 1 tbsp Triple sec
- juice of 1 lemon, plus more to taste
- 1 heaped tbsp of honey
- mint sprigs & blossoms for garnish
Note: I use my powerful Vitamix to blend the peaches. If your blender is not the greatest, puree in batches and/or add a splash of water to loosen up the ingredients. Strain if necessary to make the puree perfectly smooth.
- Roughly chop 2 of the white peaches. Slice the remaining peach into wedges for garnish and set aside. Alternatively, freeze your peach wedges to chill your drink. Do this on a parchment lined plate to prevent sticking.
- Add your chopped peaches to a blender. Top with tequila, Triple sec, lemon juice, and honey. Blend until perfectly smooth. Quick tip- depending on the texture of your peaches, you might need a splash of water to loosen up your puree. The consistency should be velvety smooth, not thick. Strain if necessary (see note above).
- Taste your margarita mix to see what it needs. More honey? More lemon? More alcohol? Adjust accordingly to suit your taste.
- Fill two glasses with ice. Pour your peachy margarita mix over the top and stir well.
- Garnish with mint and peach wedges.
- Serve right away. Cheers!
#DRINKTHESUMMER SUMMER BEVERAGE LIST:
With Food + Love: Fresh Heirloom Bloody Mary’s with Old Bay and Spicy Pickles
Will Frolic for Food | The Sugar Hollow: Watermelon Gin Cocktail with Cardamom and Lime
Kale & Caramel | Sweet Coconut Hibiscus + Lime Slushie
Hummingbird High | Thyme Lemonade
Brooklyn Supper | Bloody Maria Cocktails
Cake Over Steak | Blackberry Bourbon Cocktail
Loves Food, Loves to Eat | Coconut Nectarine White Wine Spritzers
Dunk & Crumble | Ginger Peach Whiskey Smash
Tasty Yummies | When Figs Fly: Spiced Rum Fig Kombucha Cocktail
Feed Me Phoebe | Pimm’s Cup Cocktail with Fresh Ginger, Lime and Tarragon
Earthy Feast | Strawberry, Basil and Pink Peppercorn Negroni
Ginger & Toasted Sesame | Blackberry Peach Margarita with Spicy Salt
O&O Eats | The Long Hope: a Honeydew Cucumber Gin Cocktail
my name is yeh | Nutella Egg Cream
Faring Well | Sparkling Melon Coolers with Muddled Raspberries and Mint
Beard and Bonnet | Pineapple and Cilantro Moscow Mule
The Pancake Princess | Strawberry Balsamic Shrubs
Edible Perspective | Rosé Slushies
Vegetarian ‘Ventures | Sparkling Peppered Plum Blush
The Broken Bread | Blackberry, Cucumber and Mint Gin Spritzer
Tending the Table | Plum Spritzer with Ginger and Kafir Lime
Appeasing a Food Geek | Sugar Plum Margarita
She Eats | Fizzy Lime and Blackberry Shrub
holly & flora | Pimm’s Cup with Blackberry and Lemon Zest Shrub
Vigor and Sage | Peachy Tomato Basil Gin and Tonic
The Pig & Quill | Raspberry Basil Gingerade Fizz
Hungry Girl por Vida | Peanut Butter and Berry Smoothie
A Brown Table | Fig and Bourbon Summer Smash
Cookie and Kate | Watermelon Sangria
le jus d’orange | Peach Yogurt Soju and Ginger Plum Kombucha Cocktail
Chocolate + Marrow | Raspberry Thyme Smash
The Bojon Gourmet | Basil Pluot Pimm’s Cup
Snixy Kitchen | Sparkling Asian Pear and Mint Iced Tea
what’s cooking good looking | Watermelon Basil Colada
i am a food blog | Thyme Gin and Tonics
Fix Feast Flair | Berry Peachy Kentucky Mules
Salt & Wind | Watermelon Aperol Spritzes