strawberry lemonade margaritas

strawberry lemonade margaritas | The Clever Carrot

So this is what we’re supposed to do with strawberries, right?

I thought so.

Call it seasonal drinking if you will (or a good excuse to make margaritas…) made with spring’s finest strawberries. Oh, how I love myself a juicy, ripe strawberry.

strawberry lemonade margaritas | The Clever Carrot

strawberry lemonade margaritas | The Clever Carrot

My kids made me buy some of this strawberry lemonade that we sampled at the store. I don’t buy juice that often, but I was swayed by this one. It was mouthwateringly tart and I’m a total sucker for lemonade. Bonus points for the fact that it was all organic and sweetened with agave. Yum.

As they were slurping it down, my mind drifted to the land of icy cold margaritas and a lap pool somewhere. This would make a darn good margarita I thought. Was it 5 o’clock yet? (nope…9:45 AM actually).

Best friends…

strawberry lemonade margaritas | The Clever Carrot

With Cinco de Mayo right around the corner, these festive cocktails will definitely be on the menu at our house. They’re crisp and refreshing, just how a margarita should be. It’s a good excuse to use my overpriced designer pink salt from Williams Sonoma too. We’re gonna light up the grill, make some fish tacos, and get our party on!

strawberry lemonade margaritas

For the drink
  • 2 oz. good quality tequila, (I used Patron Reposado)
  • ½ oz. cointreau
  • 5 oz. strawberry lemonade
  • fresh lime juice
Garnish
  • Kosher salt (optional)
  • fresh strawberries
  • lime slices
  1. Add salt to a shallow dish. Cut a lime wedge and run it around the rim of a glass. Gently dip the glass into the salt, twisting back and forth to coat. Fill with ice and set aside.
  2. In a martini shaker, add the tequila, cointreau, and strawberry lemonade. Shake well.
  3. Pour over ice and add a squeeze of fresh lime juice to taste (if desired).
  4. Garnish with thinly sliced limes and strawberries.

Comments

1. Merryl Chantrell says

Wow Australian Pink Salt from the River Murray. So that goes around the rim of the glasses?

Yes it does! It’s my absolute favorite salt! I use it for everything. And I love the fact that it’s pink too :)

These drinks are just so summery and full of life Emilie. Beautifully illustrated too! I just came back from running the dog in the hot sun and would to sit back and sip one of these delights right now (being that it’s past five and all ;-)). Instead, I’ll just admire your photos and dream… :).

You’re so sweet Kelly, thank you! Next time, walk that dog of yours right over! Just bring that 3 layer quesadilla of yours and we’ll be all set ;) ;) ;)

I know, right? there are many a days when I could use 1 or 2! They will definitely take the edge off ;) Thanks for stopping by Chung-Ah!

Darling, when you publish your cookbook, that top photo should be its cover art! It’s just beautiful! You’ve convinced me to pick up a bottle of tequila next time I’m at costco.. :D

Ahh, thanks Celia!! Well, if you pick up a bottle come on over and we’ll drink in style :) xx

Very refreshing and cooling. I just have to make my own strawberry lemon juice as I don’t think I ve seen the variety you mentione, Your photo looks like summer to me.

Hi Lara! Yes, you could definitely make your own- that would be delicious too! I’ll take a margarita any way I can get it. They’re my favorite :)

5. Cynthia says

For some reason I’m not seeing the brand of strawberry lemonade. I like that you emphasized tart and not sweet. Please let me know. Thanks!

6. sylvie says

what brand of strawberry lemonade did you use? this looks amazing, I love margaritas and I love patron! I am having my bunco group over this week and would love to make these, but definitely would like to buy the strawberry lemonade already made and save some time :)

Hi Sylvie!

You can try any of the following brands: Santa Cruz, Newman’s Own, Simply Lemonade & Trader Joe’s brand (although you won’t see it there until the spring).

Hope this helps!