So this is what we’re supposed to do with strawberries, right?
I thought so.
Call it seasonal drinking if you will (or a good excuse to make margaritas…) made with spring’s finest strawberries. Oh, how I love myself a juicy, ripe strawberry.
My kids made me buy some of this strawberry lemonade that we sampled at the store. I don’t buy juice that often, but I was swayed by this one. It was mouthwateringly tart and I’m a total sucker for lemonade. Bonus points for the fact that it was all organic and sweetened with agave. Yum.
As they were slurping it down, my mind drifted to the land of icy cold margaritas and a lap pool somewhere. This would make a darn good margarita I thought. Was it 5 o’clock yet? (nope…9:45 AM actually).
With Cinco de Mayo right around the corner, these festive cocktails will definitely be on the menu at our house. They’re crisp and refreshing, just how a margarita should be. It’s a good excuse to use my overpriced designer pink salt from Williams Sonoma too. We’re gonna light up the grill, make some fish tacos, and get our party on!
- 2 oz. good quality tequila, (I used Patron Reposado)
- ½ oz. cointreau
- 5 oz. strawberry lemonade
- fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt (optional)
- fresh strawberries
- lime slices
- Add salt to a shallow dish. Cut a lime wedge and run it around the rim of a glass. Gently dip the glass into the salt, twisting back and forth to coat. Fill with ice and set aside.
- In a martini shaker, add the tequila, cointreau, and strawberry lemonade. Shake well.
- Pour over ice and add a squeeze of fresh lime juice to taste (if desired).
- Garnish with thinly sliced limes and strawberries.