Don’t throw me in the trash!!!
With a little honey & salt…
…you will be handsomely rewarded.
* Honey roasted pumpkin seeds are quite the tasty little snack. The salty sweet flavor will get you hooked. If you find yourself pumpkin picking, save some of the seeds and try out this recipe. You can even mix it up with different spices for your own personal touch.
PS- Thanks for holding the honey Jus!
- 2 c. pumpkin seeds (about 2 small pumpkins), cleaned
- 2 tsp. pumpkin seed oil or olive oil
- 2 tbsp. runny honey
- flaky sea salt, such as Maldon
- Preheat your oven to 325 F.
- Cut open your pumpkins. Remove the pulp and stringy bits from the seeds and pat dry with a kitchen towel. Make sure that there is no remaining moisture.
- In a large wide skillet, warm the oil over medium heat and saute the pumpkin seeds until lightly golden, about 3 minutes.
- Add the honey and stir with a rubber spatula.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven. Roast for about 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally so that they do not burn.
- Taste one of the seeds. You want them crispy throughout, and not soft in the center. Continue to cook if necessary.
- When finished, tip the seeds out onto a parchment lined or non stick baking sheet to cool.
- While hot, sprinkle with salt to taste (if using Maldon, make sure to pinch the salt between your fingers to break up the flakes).
- Enjoy with ice cold beer.