winter white cosmo

Inspired by the holidays, this winter white cosmo is a seasonal take on the classic cosmopolitan. Simply mix citron vodka with white cranberry juice, cointreau, and a hint of fresh lime.

For a party, make a big batch in advance and chill until ready to serve. Traditionally you would serve these in a martini glass, but if you’re too clumsy to hold it properly (like me…) just use one of those chic stemless glasses instead. Pour over ice and no one will know the difference!

Garnish these festive tipples with sugar covered cranberries and sprigs of fragrant mint.

5.0 from 1 reviews
winter white cosmo

For 1 Cocktail
  • 3 oz. citron vodka
  • 1 oz. white cranberry juice
  • ½ oz. cointreau
  • 1 oz. fresh lime juice
Garnish
  • fresh mint
  • sugar covered cranberries
  • red toothpicks or wooden skewers
  • *Substitute with frozen cranberries or raspberries
  1. Fill a small glass with ice. Combine the cocktail ingredients and mix well. Adjust with extra lime or cranberry juice to suit your taste. There should be a fine balance between sweet & tart.
  2. Alternatively, you can shake up your ingredients with ice and strain into chilled martini glasses.
  3. For the garnish, skewer mint sprigs and sugar covered cranberries (2) onto a toothpick. Place on the rim of the glass (not in the drink) so that the sugar doesn't melt. Let your guests use it to stir their cocktail. *See note.
  4. Serve straight away!
Notes
* You might find that toothpicks are too short to balance on the rim of your glass. Substitute with wooden skewers instead. Cut them down to your desired size and proceed with the garnish.

Comments

If you still ended up making these, I hope they came out good (…sorry, a little late in my reply)! All the best Smidge! xx

Hopefully you’ll find some Ann! I mentioned to Susan (below) that I was able to find it in my regular grocery store, but that it might be a seasonal item. Although I haven’t done it myself, maybe sub with some prosecco or apple juice & regular cranberry for something different. You could always make the regular version as well. Cheers!

Thanks Christin! Festive isn’t it? If you can’t find fresh cranberries, raspberries make a great substitute :)

Wow, what a gorgeous drink. It looks so fresh and reviving, perfect for a hot summery Sydney Christmas day! I think this will be featuring on our menu ; )

I’m having a cocktail party this weekend and these would be perfect as I know there are cosmo drinkers in the crowd. Love your pretty presentation and also the post on the sugared cranberries.

Thank you so much!!! To save on time, you can make a big batch of these cosmos in advance (no ice) and start pouring when your guests arrive. Have a wonderful party! Thanks for stopping by :)

Oh no! Sorry to hear that. I was able to find it in my regular grocery store, but it might be a seasonal thing. You can always go back to using regular cranberry juice if you have to ( I know that defeats the whole ‘white’ thing…) Maybe sub with prosecco or apple juice and a splash of regular cranberry? If you have any questions, let me know! Good luck :)

3. Alissabeth says

Made these before and love them, however was never able to find the white. It works with regular cranberry, but it’s not quite the same.

Hi there! Yeah, the white cranberry has been a little difficulty to find. I was able to pick it up in my local grocery store, but as I mentioned (above) it might be a seasonal thing. I’m glad you liked the recipe (w/ regular cran.) Thanks for stopping by :)

4. Angie Strother says

Emilie,
    These look amazing! I’m going to have to try them, I know I’ve seen white cranberry juice at the store. How do you sugar the cranberries? I’ve never done that. Cheers and God Bless