Perfect vegetable side dish? This is it. Garlic scapes are the shoots that grow out of garlic bulbs. They’re super simple to prepare — saute with lemon and butter and savor every last bite!
- 1 bunch of garlic scapes
- 1 tb. unsalted butter
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Trim the ends and tips off of your garlic scapes. Cut into manageable pieces that will fit into a large skillet.
- Over medium heat, warm the butter and a splash of olive oil.
- Add your garlic scapes to the pan. Season with salt and pepper and sautee for about 3-5 minutes. Add a splash of water and cover with a lid. Continue to cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Your garlic scapes are finished when they are crisp tender.
- Transfer to a serving dish and squeeze over some fresh lemon. Add salt and pepper to your liking.