Ditch the struggle. Learn how to roast butternut squash the EASY WAY without any prep work. No pre-peeling, chopping or deseeding (yes really!). Just whole-roast it in the oven until soft and tender. Use for creamy butternut squash soup, ravioli filling and incredible muffins!
- 1 butternut squash (medium-sized)
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or foil. Clean and scrub the butternut squash. Dry thoroughly and set aside.
- Place the butternut squash onto the sheet pan- no need for oil, herbs or seasoning. Do not cut it. The whole thing goes in whole, as is.
- Bake for 1 hour until soft. The squash is ready when a knife easily slips out when pierced and the skin starts to collapse. Allow for more time as needed, depending on the size of your squash.
- Remove from the oven. Cool for 20 minutes or so. Peel off the skin, cut it in half, and scoop out the seeds.
- Mash the cooked butternut squash with a fork. Portion into individual containers. Chill for up to 3 days; freeze up to 3 months.
Keywords: butternut squash, baked, roasted, whole roasted, easy, recipe, homemade, puree