- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, assorted tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 cups cubed watermelon
- 1–2 fresh limes
- salt, to taste
- 1 heaped cup toasted focaccia croutons
- 1/4 cup shaved red onions
- pickled jalapenos, roughly chopped, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta
- olive oil
- In a large bowl combine the tomatoes, watermelon, juice of 1/2 lime, and salt to taste. Marinate for 30-minutes to 1 hour. This step will draw out some of the moisture. Drain the juice and transfer the mixture to a serving bowl.
- Meanwhile, spread the focaccia onto a sheet pan. Toast in the oven @ 325 F until light golden brown. This should take about 20 minutes or so. Cool before adding to the salad.
- To the serving bowl, add the red onions- I shave mine directly over the bowl with a mandolin. Add some pickled jalapenos (the amount is up to you) the cilantro and focaccia croutons.
- Drizzle generously with olive oil to coat and add the juice of the remaining 1/2 lime. Toss gently and give it a taste. Add more olive oil, lime juice, and salt as needed.
- To serve, top with crumbled feta.
- Enjoy at room temperature.