For the Vinaigrette
- juice of 1 lemon, about 2 tbsp
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup neutral flavored oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- a few thinly sliced red onions
For the Salad
- 4 large handfuls or baby arugula (I used baby mustard greens as well)
- 1 large ripe & firm nectarine or peach, sliced into wedges or cubes
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- large handful of Parmesan shavings
- To make the vinaigrette, combine the first 4 ingredients in an empty jam jar. Season generously with salt and pepper and shake well to blend. Taste the vinaigrette, and add more vinegar or seasoning as needed. Add the red onion slices. Let sit for 1-2 minutes for the flavor to infuse; then remove. You can either add the onion slices to the salad or discard them.
- To make the salad, add the arugula leaves to a large bowl. Add the nectarines, pine nuts, and Parmesan cheese. Dress the salad with some of the vinaigrette right before serving so the leaves do not wilt.
- Enjoy at room temperature.