- 22 oz package of fresh cheese tortellini
- olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 small cucumber, very thinly sliced (use a mandolin if you have one)
- handful of fresh dill, basil & mint
- small block of feta
- White Balsamic Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
- ¾ cup olive oil
- generous pinch of salt & pepper, to taste
* You will have extra vinaigrette leftover. Store in the fridge and use for salads during the week. Make up to 1 week in advance.
** The tortellini can be cooked 2-3 days in advance; coat lightly with olive oil to prevent sticking and refrigerate until ready to use. The bell pepper and cucumber can be prepped one day in advance; store in an air-tight container with a damp paper towel over the top to preserve freshness. The tomatoes and herbs are best chopped fresh.
- Cook the tortellini according to the package instructions. Drain and run under cold water to remove any extra starch. Transfer to a large bowl. Coat lightly with olive oil to prevent sticking. Chill before using.
- Meanwhile, make the vinaigrette. Add the balsamic vinegar and olive oil to an empty jam jar. Season generously with salt and pepper. Screw the lid on tight, and give it a shake. Set aside.
- Right before serving, combine the tortellini, tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers into a large serving bowl.
- Thinly slice the dill, basil, and mint and add to the bowl.
- Drizzle some of the vinaigrette over the top, season with salt and pepper, and toss well.
- Crumble some of the feta over the salad.
- Serve at room temperature.