- pat of butter or oil, for coating the bundt pan
- 3 extra large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable or melted coconut oil
- 1 3/4 cups brown sugar (light or dark)
- 2 capfuls of pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini, un-squeezed
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 F. Lightly coat a bundt pan with butter or oil to prevent sticking.
- In a large mixing bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Add the oil, sugar, and vanilla and whisk thoroughly to combine. Stir in the zucchini.
- In another mixing bowl, sift together all of the dry ingredients.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients together. Fold in the walnuts and chocolate chips; do not over mix. Pour the batter into your prepared pan. Tap the pan on the counter once or twice to remove any air bubbles.
- Bake for about 1 hour and 10 minutes (test at the 1 hour mark). Note: baking times will vary according to the type of pan you are using (my bundt pan is glass and conducts heat faster than dark, non-stick pans). Please adjust your cook time accordingly. Give it a few extra minutes if needed.
- Cool, in the pan, on a wire wrack for 1 hour. Carefully remove the cake from the pan to finish cooling.
- Right before serving, dust with powdered sugar. Cut into slices and serve.