Salad in jars are excellent for quick, budget friendly lunches. For the recipe below, exact quantities are not necessary as the specific amount will depend on the size of your jar, and of course, your taste preference. Make it your own!
For The Salad
- cherry tomatoes, halved or left whole
- marinated artichoke hearts (if you can find grilled ones, get those!)
- assorted olives, pitted
- chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- a stack of fresh basil leaves, cut into ribbons
- handful of baby kale and spinach, or other salad greens of your choice
- parmesan shavings or feta cheese
For The Vinaigrette
- drizzle of olive oil
- about 1 tsp of red wine vinegar, plus more to taste
**Note: For longer lasting salads, only add the vinaigrette right before serving.
- In a bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients. Drizzle very lightly with olive oil and add the vinegar. Toss well. Spoon this mixture into your salad jars.
- Top each jar with greens and sprinkle with cheese.
- Secure the lids and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Salads will last up to 2-3 days (**see note above).