- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced into 1/2-inch pieces (red or yellow)
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 1/4 lbs ground chicken or turkey, mix of white and dark meat for best flavor
- Mexican spice blend (from my cookbook) or an all-natural taco seasoning of your choice, to taste
- 1 cup whole cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup cooked black beans, (approximately 1/2 can, rinsed & drained)
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
* Serve with cauliflower rice or quick-cooking Jasmine rice, optional
- In a large 10-inch skillet, warm the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions and garlic. Sauté until soft and translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken. Sprinkle with Mexican spice blend and sauté, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes. Add the cherry tomatoes and continue to sauté until the tomatoes begin to burst and the chicken is cooked through. Taste, and season with additional spice blend to your liking.
- Add the black beans and parsley. Stir gently to warm through.
- When ready to eat, serve warm straight from the skillet with cauliflower rice or Jasmine rice, if using.