For the Glaze
- 1/4 c country mustard
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp apricot jam
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 medium carrots, assorted colors, peeled
- 4 parsnips, peeled
- 1 lb brussels sprouts
- coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper
*Kitchen Notes: To prep this in advance (up to 3 days ahead of time), peel, trim, and cut the vegetables to size. Wrap veggies in a damp paper towel and throw in a zip-loc bag until ready to use. Make the glaze and keep chilled. Remove both the vegetables and glaze from the fridge 30 minutes prior to roasting to take the chill off.
- Preheat you oven to 425 F. Grab a rimmed sheet pan.
- Mix the glaze ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cut the carrots into 1/2-inch wands.
- Cut the parsnips into 1-inch wands. Quick tip- if your parsnips are very tapered, quarter the top portion and keep the rest whole.
- Trim the ends from the brussels sprouts. Cut them in half, or into quarters if they are large.
- Tip all of the vegetables onto your sheet pan, in one single layer. Do no overcrowd. Pour the glaze over the top, reserving 2 tablespoons for serving. Season well with salt and pepper. Mix well to combine (I do this with my hands).
- Roast for 25-30 minutes. Check on them at the 15 minute mark. The vegetables are ready when tender and caramelized.
- To serve, add the vegetables to a serving bowl. Drizzle the remaining glaze over the top. Enjoy warm.