- 1 large bunch baby beets, washed, skin on, leaves removed
- 2 tbsp of unsalted butter
- 1–2 clementines
- splash of balsamic vinegar
- coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper
Kitchen Note: For the beets, I’ve provided 2 cooking methods below: roasting or boiling. The choice is up to you. Try them both ways!
- For roasting the beets, wrap in a foil package. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast @ 425 for 30 minutes- 1 hour depending on size. The beets are ready when a paring knife comes out easily when inserted. Alternatively, boil the beets in a large pot of water until tender. When cool enough to handle, remove the skin (I do this with my hands). Cut in half or quarter if the beets are large.
- In a skillet, melt the butter over low heat. Add the beets and toss to coat. Add the juice of one clementine and season with salt and pepper.
- For more orange flavor, add the remaining clementine and/or a splash of balsamic vinegar for extra tang. Adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Serve warm.