- 2 lbs sun gold tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes)
- 2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp butter, cut up into pieces
- generous handful of fresh basil (I used purple basil)
- coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 425 F. Line a 9×13-inch pan with parchment paper.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic, and butter to the pan. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss well with you hands. Top with basil.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until the tomatoes burst and lose their shape.
- Remove from the oven and serve as desired.
- Freeze whatever you don’t eat, up to 3 months.