- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini (about 1 medium zucchini)
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup quick oats (not instant or old fashioned)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger (don’t worry if you don’t have this- it’s optional)
- dash of nutmeg
- 2 extra large eggs
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 capful of pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp golden raisins
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 350 F. Line a 9×5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper for easy removal.
- Using a box grater, shred the zucchini. and set aside. Do not squeeze out the excess moisture.
- Add all of the dry ingredients to a large bowl. Whisk thoroughly to combine.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add all of the wet ingredients. Whisk until fully blended.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Don’t over mix- the bread will be tough!
- Gently fold the golden raisins and walnuts into the batter. Add the shredded zucchini, reserving a pinch or two to decorate the top of the loaf. Pour into your lined loaf pan.
- For the topping, scatter the rest of the raisins and walnuts over the top. Tuck them into the batter to prevent burning.
- Bake for about 40-60 minutes, checking at the 40 minute mark. A toothpick should come out clean when inserted.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan and then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Cut into slices and enjoy!