- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 cups diced peeled yams or sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds (optional)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- cooking spray
- lime wedges
- chive blossoms
- Grab a large, 10-inch cast iron skillet and warm the coconut oil over medium heat. The cast iron skillet will give the potatoes a really nice golden char, however, a regular skillet will do if you don’t have one.
- Add the sweet potatoes, salt, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Saute for about 5 minutes, flip to the other side, and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Reduce the heat, cover, and cook for until tender, 5 minutes.
- Move the potatoes over to one side of the skillet, and coat the empty side with cooking spray. Add the corn, cumin, green onions, chili flakes and chopped almonds (if using). Cover the pan and cook for about 5-7 minutes.
- To finish, add the chives, lime zest and juice and stir well to combine. Drizzle with extra olive oil. Serve with extra lime wedges and chive flowers for garnish.