- 2 lbs medium size asparagus, about 2 bunches
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- coarse salt & black pepper
- balsamic glaze (optional)
- parmesane shavings (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 425 F. Grab 2 rimmed baking sheets and line them with parchment paper.
- To prepare the asparagus, trim away the woody ends off the base, about 2 inches.
- Add the asparagus, olive oil and garlic to a large bowl. Toss well to coat.
- Divide the asparagus between the two baking sheets and spread them out in one single layer. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 7-10 minutes or until almost cooked through. They will continue to cook once removed from the heat.
- To serve, drizzle with balsamic glaze and parmesan cheese shavings.