- 3 c. sifted flour
- 2 sticks of salted butter, cubed
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 c. sugar
- powdered sugar for decoration
- Preheat your oven to 325 F. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift the flour into a large bowl. Add the cubed butter and rub together using your fingertips. The heat from your hands will incorporate the butter into the mix.
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar, and add to the flour.
- Gently mix the dough with your hands until it comes together into a ball. Do not over mix.
- Flatten into a disk and cover in plastic wrap. Chill for 30 minutes- overnight.
- When you are ready to bake, roll the dough to about ¼ inch thick. Do this between 2 pieces of parchment paper or plastic wrap to prevent sticking.
- Press your cookies cutters into the dough and transfer the shapes to a baking sheet. If the dough starts to soften, place it back into the fridge to chill and then start again.
- Bake for about 15-18 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes on the tray. Transfer to a wire rack.
- When the cookies are completely cool, dust with powdered sugar.