- 1 lemon, juiced
- ¼ red wine vinegar
- ¼ c. soy sauce
- 2 heaped tsp. honey
- 1-inch piece of ginger, peeled + grated (I use a microplane)
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ c. olive oil
- 4 large handfuls of red heirloom spinach
- 2 clementines
- 1 haas avocado
- sesame seeds
*Only dress the salad right before serving. The leaves are very delicate.
- To make the vinaigrette, add the first 7 ingredients to a small bowl. Whisk well to combine. Slowly add the the olive oil to emulsify.
- Add the spinach leaves to a large salad bowl.
- Peel the clementines and discard the skin. Using a pairing knife, carefully slice away the outer white pith. Cut the clementines into bite-sized chunks.
- Peel and pit the avocado. Chop into chunks.
- Add the oranges, avocado and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Toss with vinaigrette to coat.
- Serve right away.