- 2 c. self raising flour*
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 c. oil
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 c. buttermilk
- 1 c. powdered sugar, sifted
- 2–3 tbsp. milk
* I used King Arthur unbleached, aluminum free self raising flour
** For best results, be sure to work with room temperature ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Spray your bundt pan with cooking spray or butter and flour the pan to prevent sticking.
- If your butter is not soft, microwave for 10-20 seconds.
- In a large bowl, cream the softened butter and sugar until fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Use an electric hand held or stand mixer.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing for about 1 minute after each addition.
- Add the oil and vanilla extract.
- Working directly over the bowl, sift the flour into the wet ingredients.
- Add the buttermilk and mix gently on low speed until incorporated. Do not over mix; the cake will be tough.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan using a rubber spatula to spread out the mixture.
- Bake in the center of the oven for about 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Cool for 10 minutes and then remove from the pan. Transfer to a wire rack.
- To make the glaze, sift the powdered sugar into a bowl. Add the milk, 1 tablespoon at a time until you have a consistency that’s not too thick or thin. Drizzle over the cake while it’s still warm.