- 1 small cauliflower
- 1–2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. fennel seeds
- salt + pepper
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 c. roughly chopped parsley
- pomegranate seeds
- Remove the leaves and thick stem from the cauliflower. Cut crosswise into 1-inch slices. Some pieces will stay intact and the rest will break off into florets.
- Warm 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. When the pan is hot add 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds. Sear the cauliflower on both sides until golden, about 2 minutes per side. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer immediately to a paper towel lined plate.
- Repeat this method using the remaining olive oil and fennel seeds until you have used all of the cauliflower.
- To serve, arrange the cauliflower onto a platter. Squeeze half a lemon over the top. Decorate with parsley and pomegranate seeds. Enjoy warm.