- 2 c. shredded zucchini
- 4 c. shredded yukon gold potatoes
- 1 small onion or 1/2 large onion
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2–3 tbsp. flour*
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1–2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 c. low-fat yogurt or sour cream
- 1/2 c. applesauce
- fresh chives
* Use rice flour for gluten free
- Peel the potatoes.
- Line a large bowl with a clean kitchen towel.
- Fit your food processor with the shredder blade. Process the zucchini, potatoes, and the onion togehter. Transfer the mixture to the bowl. Wrap the towel around the vegetables and gently squeeze to release excess moisture. You want this as dry as possible for crispy pancakes. Remove the towel.
- To the bowl, add the egg, flour, and season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Begin your test batch: In a non-stick pan, warm 1 tbsp. of olive oil over moderate heat. Using a 1/4 c. measure, scoop out some of the mixture and place into the pan. Flatten gently with the bottom of the cup. Fry on both sides until golden, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate and sprinkle with salt if desired. When cool enough to handle, give it a taste. If it needs more seasoning, adjust the rest of your mixture.
- Repeat this process until you have fried all of the pancakes.
- To make the marbled yogurt, add the yogurt (or sour cream if using) to a bowl. Add the applesauce. Swirl with a spoon.
- To serve, arrange the pancakes onto a plater. Garnish with fresh chives and yogurt sauce on the side.