- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1/2 c. cornmeal
- 1 tsp. poppy seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- pinch of fine grain sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 c. oil
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 3/4 c. buttermilk
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat your oven to 350 F. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper cups.
- In a large bowl whisk together the dry ingredients; flour, cornmeal, poppy seeds, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl mix together the wet ingredients; eggs, oil, sugar, buttermilk and the zest and juice of a lemon. Whisk well to combine.
- Gently combine the dry and wet ingredients.
- Spoon the batter into your muffin cups, about ¾ full. You should be able to get 10-12 muffins.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or when a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Cool inside the tin and then transfer to a wire rack.