- 3 tbsp. fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1/4 c. red wine vinegar
- 3/4 c. olive oil
- 8 oz. dried Israeli couscous
- 2 c. cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 c. diced English cucumber
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 c. thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 c. roughly chopped basil & mint
- 1 c. good-quality block feta, crumbled
- salt & pepper
*To make this in advance, only add the feta and herbs right before serving. The couscous and vinaigrette can be made up to one day in advance. Substitute vegetables as desired.
- Cook the couscous according the package instructions. Drain thoroughly to remove any excess water. Spread the couscous out onto a large rimmed baking sheet, and drizzle with olive oil to prevent sticking. Cool at room temperature for about 15 minutes and then refrigerate until completely chilled.
- For the vinaigrette, add the lemon juice and red wine vinegar to a small bowl. Slowly stream in the olive oil and whisk well to emulsify. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add all of the chopped vegetables to a large bowl.
- Combine the chilled couscous with the vegetables. Drizzle some of the vinaigrette over the top and toss gently. Taste the salad and add more vinaigrette and seasoning as needed.
- Right before serving, roughly chop the herbs and add to the bowl. Sprinkle the feta over the top.
- Garnish with extra herbs and lemon.