- zest + juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 garlic clove
- 4 good quality anchovies
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 c. low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 c. parmesan cheese
- salt + pepper to taste
- 1/2 head green cabbage
- 4 carrots
- 2 chioggia (candy cane) beets
- handful of fresh basil leaves
* To make this in advance, only dress the salad about 15 minute prior to serving. Any longer and it will start to get watery.
- To make the dressing, add the first 5 ingredient to a blender and run the machine. Pour the dressing into a bowl and stir in the parmesan cheese. It will be thick. Season with salt and pepper and have a taste. Add extra lemon juice if needed.
- Cut the cabbage in half and remove the core. Slice into thin shreds.
- Using a vegetable peeler, remove the outer skin from both the carrots and beets.
- Peel the carrots into ribbons.
- Peel the beets into strips.
- Add all of the vegetables to a large bowl.
- Pour some of the caesar dressing over the top. Using tongs, toss well to coat adding more dressing as needed.
- To serve, thinly slice a small handful of fresh basil leaves and scatter over the top of the salad.
- Enjoy chilled.