- 1 cooked rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 Napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 c. julienned carrots
- 1/4 c. cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 c. red wine vinegar
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 2 heaped tsp. honey
- 1-inch piece of ginger, peeled + grated (I use a microplane)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 c. olive oil
- 1/2 c. chopped cashews
- sesame seeds
* Use a mandolin to thinly slice/julienne your vegetables, or do it by hand.
* To make this in advance, only dress the salad about 15 minute prior to serving. Any longer and it will start to get watery.
- In a small skillet, add the cashews and toast gently over low heat. Transfer to a cutting board to cool. Chop into bite-sized pieces and set aside for garnish.
- To make the vinaigrette, add the first 7 ingredients to a bowl and whisk well to combine. Slowly add the the olive oil and continue whisking to emulsify.
- Remove both breasts from the chicken and thinly slice (or shred with your hands). Save the rest of the chicken for another use.
- To a large bowl, add the cabbage, carrots, cilantro and chicken.
- Add a small amount of vinaigrette and toss well. Taste the salad, and add more vinaigrette if desired.
- Garnish with chopped cashews and sesame seeds.
- Serve at room temperature.