- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 c. sliced leeks (white + light green parts only) or 1 onion, diced
- 1 1/2 c. aborio rice
- 1/3 c. dry white wine
- 5 c. chicken stock, divided + more to taste
- 1/2 c. grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp. butter
- salt + pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a large Dutch oven, warm the olive oil over low heat.
- Add the sliced leeks and saute until soft, but not colored about 5-10 minutes. If the leeks start to catch on the bottom of the pot, lower your heat and add a splash of water to loosen.
- Add the rice and stir thoroughly.
- Pour in the wine and cook until the liquid has evaporated.
- Add 4 1/2 cups of chicken stock.
- Cover and place into the oven on the center rack. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove the risotto from the oven. Add the remaining 1/2 cup of chicken stock, parmesan cheese, and butter and stir frequently for about 1-2 minutes. The texture should be oozy, not stiff. Add extra stock if necessary.
- Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with extra parmesan cheese to taste.
- Serve right away.