- 3/4 lb. yellow haricots verts, trimmed
- 1 large shallot, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1/4– 1 tsp. dried red chili flakes (depending on preference)
- 1 lemon
- olive oil
- coarse, flaky sea salt
- In a large saute pan, warm a splash of olive oil over medium-low heat.
- Add the yellow beans, shallots, garlic and chili flakes. Season with salt.
- Saute the beans until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add a small splash of water to the pan, and place a lid on top.
- Cook the beans on low for about 3-5 minutes. Tip: If your heat is too high, the outside will overcook, causing the inside to remain crunchy.
- Remove the lid, and continue to cook until all of the moisture has evaporated and the beans are crisp tender.
- Add a small squeeze of lemon juice to taste. Adjust with more lemon and salt as desired.
- Serve warm.