- 1/2 c. all purpose flour
- 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 c. pumpkin puree
- ¾ c. sugar (I use blonde cane sugar)
- 2 eggs
- 1½ tsp. vanilla
- ⅓ c. coconut oil, melted & cooled
- 1 c. granola (any variety)
- Preheat your oven to 350 F. Line a muffin tin with 12 paper cases.
- In a large bowl, sift together all of the dry ingredients so that they are evenly incorporated.
- In another bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients, and stir until just combined; do not over mix (the muffins will be tough).
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling them about 2/3’s full.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp. of granola onto each muffin.
- Bake in the center of the oven for about 25-30 minutes. The muffins are done when a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool before serving.
*For extra crunchy granola, these muffins are best on the day that they are made. The granola will soften over time due to the moisture content in the muffins.