- 1 1/2– 2 lbs. good quality flank steak*
- 1 bottle Veri Veri Teriyaki marinade (Soy Vay brand)
- 1 c. pineapple juice
- 1 inch piece of ginger, sliced
- 2 large sprigs of rosemary
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
*In addition to flank steak, you can substitute skirt steak or rib-eye.
- In a 9×13 baking dish, add 1/2 bottle of the marinade (save the rest for another use), pineapple juice, ginger, and rosemary. Whisk to combine. Add the steak, making sure that it is covered with the marinade. Add extra teriyaki and pineapple juice if necessary. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the fridge for at least 24 hours.
- Remove the steak from the refrigerator about 30 minutes prior to cooking. Taking the chill off helps the meat to cook evenly.
- Heat your grill to high. Remove the steak from the marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Drizzle lightly with olive oil and rub it in to coat (this prevents sticking on the grill). Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- For the glaze, pour the remaining marinade into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and then simmer until slightly thickened and reduced by half.
- Grill the steak for about 6-8 minutes on each side (medium-rare), brushing them with the glaze in between each turn. Increase cooking time depending on your temperature preference.
- Remove from the grill and let rest for at least 10 minutes so that all of the juices can evenly distribute. Thinly slice on an angle and serve with desired side dishes.