- 12 medium-fat asparagus stalks
- 6 slices of prosciutto
- 6 slices of salami
- 6 slices of chorizo
- 8 eggs
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Preheat your oven to 450 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice off the woody ends of each asparagus and discard.
- Wrap the asparagus stalks in prosciutto, salami and chorizo.
- Place the asparagus onto the prepared baking sheet and drizzle with a little olive oil. Roast for about 10 minutes, or until the meat is crispy.
- While the asparagus is roasting, start cooking your eggs. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and using a slotted spoon, gently lower in the eggs.
- Simmer the eggs for about 6 minutes and then drain onto a clean kitchen towel.
- Cut off the tops (it will be a little messy) and place the eggs into cups or into an egg carton.
- Serve with asparagus soldiers and salt & pepper to taste.
*This recipe is great for brunch or even a light lunch (low-carb & gluten free!) You can find assorted cured meats at most grocery stores and Italian specialty markets. If you’re lucky enough to live near a Trader Joe’s, they carry the trio that I used for this recipe.