- 1 1/2 lbs. fresh cheese tortellini
- 6 bacon slices, cut into 1/2” dice
- 1 small garlic clove, grated
- 2 c. whole grape (or cherry) tomatoes
- 1x 16 oz bag baby spinach, washed and dried
- parmesan cheese
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season with salt and add the tortellini. Cook according to the package instructions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saute pan (preferably 12″) warm a splash of olive oil over moderate heat. If you do not have a pan this size, use 2 separate ones to avoid overcrowding and steaming.
- Add the diced bacon and saute until golden and crisp, about 10 minutes. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- Using a microplane, grate your garlic into the pan. Saute until fragrant, about 20 seconds.
- Add the whole grape tomatoes (no need to cut). Cook until they are slightly blistered.
- Add the spinach. Gently toss with tongs until wilted, being careful not to break up the tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain the tortellini and toss together with the sauce. Add additional olive oil to coat. Top with the reserved bacon and shaved parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.