For the Chicken
- 1x 3-4 lb. roasting chicken, cut into pieces*
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/4 c. fresh lemon juice, about 2–3 lemons
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 3/4 c. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 sprigs fresh oregano
- 3 cloves of garlic, grated
On the side
- 1 1/2 lbs. potatoes, skin on, cut into 1” chunks
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 6 large handfuls of mixed lettuce
- 1 pint of colorful cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 c. feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 lemons for roasting
- fresh oregano sprigs
* Your cooking time will vary (+/-) depending on the size of your chicken.
*Make sure to reserve half of the marinade for your vinaigrette. Do not use all of it on your chicken!
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator about 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- Preheat your oven to 375 F. Grab a large roasting pan big enough to fit the chicken and potatoes in 1 single layer. If you only have a small 9×13 pan, use 2 separate pans. Lightly coat with olive oil.
- Start the potatoes- add the chopped potatoes to the roasting pan, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Cook for about 20 minutes.
- Prepare the chicken- rinse the chicken with cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Set aside while you prepare the marinade.
- For the marinade- combine the first 5 marinade ingredients, zesting the lemons before you juice them (about 2). Whisk to emulsify, and reserve half of the sauce for your vinaigrette.
- To the marinade bowl, now add the chopped oregano leaves and grated garlic (use a microplane for this).
- After 20 minutes have passed, remove the potatoes from the oven and add the chicken pieces (or place into a separate pan if using). Pour some of the marinade over the chicken massaging it on top and underneath the skin. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Add the rest of the marinade over the potatoes and toss gently.
- Cut the lemons in half and roast them alongside the chicken.
- Roast everything in the oven for about 45 minutes or more depending on the size of your chicken.
- The chicken is done when the skin is golden and crispy and the juices run clear. For extra crispy skin, place the chicken under the broiler for a couple of minutes.
- To serve, place the chicken and roasted lemons onto a platter. Garnish with extra oregano sprigs. Serve with the potatoes, salad, and reserved vinaigrette on the side.