- 1x 5lb. pumpkin, such as Sugar Pie
- Preheat your oven to 350 F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Using a sharp knife, cut off the top of your pumpkin. Slice it in half and then into quarters. Feel free to smash the pumpkin (not too hard) on the ground if you are having difficulty cutting it.
- Scoop out the seeds and stringy bits. If you are saving the seeds, rinse and pat them dry before roasting.
- Place your pumpkin skin side down onto a baking tray. Roast for about 45 minutes or until the flesh is nice and soft. You can insert a small knife to check if it’s done.
- Remove from the oven to cool slightly. Scoop out the flesh into a blender or food processor.
- Puree the pumpkin until whipped and smooth. Depending on your pumpkin, you might need to add a splash of water to get it moving. I had to do that for my puree.
- Refrigerate your pumpkin puree in an airtight container until ready to use.
- Store any extra puree in ice cube trays to be used at your convenience.
* Use pumpkin puree for muffins, soups, risotto and of course, pumpkin pie!