- 1 small watermelon (soccer ball size)
- 2 limes
- Cut open your watermelon and scoop out the flesh. Discard the seeds.
- If you want to serve your ice in the watermelon, nestle the hollowed out shell onto a napkin or paper towel lined plate (so it doesn’t stick) and freeze.
- Puree the flesh in a food processor or blender. Add the lime juice and blitz to mix.
- Pour into a shallow baking tray.
- Freeze until solid, about 4-6 hours.
- Rake with a fork to break up the ice crystals. The more you rake the fluffier your ice will become.
- Serve in tall glasses or in your frozen watermelon shell.
*This recipe is based on a watermelon yielding 4 cups of juice. If your watermelon is larger, adjust with more lime juice if necessary.
*If you’d like it sweeter, you can add agave syrup or honey 1 tsp. at a time. Add this to your puree before freezing.