This is the best blueberry cornmeal muffin recipe: perfectly moist, sweet and loaded with blueberries. The crumb has soft texture, and the cornmeal adds a lovely sweet flavor. They’re freezer friendly, too!
- 1 c. all purpose flour
- 3/4 c. cornmeal
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. oil
- 1/4 c. whole milk yogurt (not greek)
- 1/4 c. whole milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 400 F. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper cups.
- In a large bowl whisk together the dry ingredients; flour, cornmeal, baking soda, baking powder, and a pinch of salt.
- In another bowl mix together the wet ingredients; sugar (yes, sugar is dry but mixing it with the egg and other ingredients helps to break down the sugar crystals), oil, yogurt, milk and egg.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients. DO NOT over mix or else you will have tough muffins.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon the batter into your muffin cups, about 3/4 full. You should be able to get 12-14 muffins.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or when a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Cool for 15 minutes inside the tin. Then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
* Use fresh or frozen blueberries.
* Muffins will keep for about 3 days.
* You can freeze already baked muffins or the batter itself for up to 3 months.
Keywords: blueberry, muffins, recipe, how to, easy, simple, best, quick breads, baked, cornmeal