- 1 pint of baby heirloom tomatoes, assorted colors if possible
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A few sprigs of fresh basil
- 1x 8 oz container of tahini sauce
- 2 tbsp roasted sunflower seeds (mine were roasted + lightly salted)
- Quinoa and Black Bean Tortilla Chips, wholegrain chips, or torn up pita bread- it’s your choice
- Halve the tomatoes and add them to a medium bowl. If they’re on the large side, cut them into quarters. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Pluck the basil leaves, stack them on top of each other, and cut into ribbons. Add the basil leaves to the bowl; toss well to combine. Marinate at room temperature for 15 to 30 minutes.
- To assemble, tumble the tomatoes into a nice bowl, off to the side (see top picture). Pour some of the tahini sauce next to the tomatoes (the exact amount is up to you). I used about 2/3’s of a cup for 1 pint of tomatoes. Then, wedge in the chips next to the sauce.
- To serve, sprinkle the sunflower seeds over the bowl. Enjoy at room temperature, right away.