- 1 butternut squash
- 1 pint of fresh purple figs
- handful of fresh sage
- olive oil
- coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
*Note: this this recipe calls for only 1/2 butternut squash. Feel free to double up and use the whole thing!
- Preheat your oven to 425 F. Line a rimed sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Peel the squash, and slice the skinny neck part into half moon shapes (you can also cut the squash into cubes, if preferred). Add to the sheet pan.
- Have the figs and arrange them onto the pan, a few cut side up and cut side down. You don’t have to use the entire pint, just enough to taste.
- Roughly chop about 6-8 sage leaves and sprinkle over the top.
- Drizzle with olive oil to coat, and season with salt and pepper. Toss well to combine.
- Roast until the squash and figs are caramelized and tender, about 25 minutes, or more. Check on them at the halfway mark to give it a quick stir.
- Serve warm.