Yes, that’s right.
I’m giving you strict orders.
But with good reason; I’ve made a new discovery!
A delicious and unexpected discovery…
This dish takes about 5 minutes to prep and under 30 minutes to cook.
Have you tried them?
Normally, I would just make a quick radish salad with their leafy green tops, or slather them in butter with a sprinkle of sea salt (so good!).
Roasting radishes never even occurred to me. How would they taste?
After a recent trip to my local farm, I scored a beautiful bunch of rainbow radishes.
Feeling inspired, I roasted them with zesty lemon pepper seasoning.
And let me tell you- I usually don’t eat right after shooting photos for the blog. I’ll save whatever I made to serve with dinner.
When roasted, the flavor becomes mellow and soft, unlike that peppery bite when consumed raw.
It’s like a whole new vegetable.
I ate them straight off the tray, all of them, while looking through my photos.
My camera is so greasy right now.
Had I not eaten the whole tray, I would’ve served them with roasted chicken for dinner.
The flavor is incredible.
If you’re looking for a new vegetable to make right now, this is it!
PS- don’t you love how the color of the radishes change from bold to watercolor? So dreamy…
Tips: I made this using 1 bunch of radishes and ate the whole thing, like a pig. So in theory, 1 bunch could easily serve 2 people. For 4 people, I would double this recipe and enjoy the leftovers, if any.
Substitutions: If you don’t have lemon pepper seasoning, try a sprinkle of garlic powder, with lemon zest, salt, and black pepper. Just make sure your garlic powder is from this century.
Make-Ahead: To save time, I would suggest only halving the radishes in advance. You don’t need to roast ahead of time; they’re ready in about 20 minutes (depending on size), which is approximately the same time it would take to reheat them. Wash and store the radish leaves, if using.
- 1 bunch of rainbow radishes
- olive oil, for coating
- lemon pepper seasoning, to taste
- 1 pat of unsalted butter
- Preheat your oven to 425 F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To prepare the radishes, remove the leafy green tops and save for another recipe (they're great tossed into a mesclun salad). Halve the radishes lengthwise through the root.
- Arrange the radishes onto the baking sheet. Coat lightly with olive oil. Season with lemon pepper, to taste.
- Roast for about 10-20 minutes, depending on size. Check at the 10 minute mark; insert a paring knife into the center of a radish. If it pulls out easily, they're ready. If not, cook for a little bit longer.
- To serve, toss with the butter while still warm.
- Enjoy right away!