For the Dressing
- 1 tbsp all-natural creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar or white vinegar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- the juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tsp honey, plus more to taste
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tbsp hot water
- dash of hot sauce
For the Salad
- 1 small wedge of red cabbage, sliced paper thin
- 2 cups shredded kale
- 2 scallions, white & light green part only, thinly sliced
- 1–2 clementines, peeled and sliced into wheels
- 1/4 cups pomegranate seeds
- 1 serving cooked black rice soba noodles (optional)
- 1 tsp white sesame seeds (optional)
- Add all of the dressing ingredients to a small bowl. Whisk until well blended.
- To prepare the salad, add the cabbage, kale and scallions to a large bowl. Pour a little bit of the dressing over the top and toss well. Marinate for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, if using soba noodles, cook them according to the package directions. When finished, rinse under cold water. Drain well and add to the salad.
- To finish, add the clementine wheels, pomegranate seeds and sesame seeds (if using). Add additional dressing and toss well to combine. Taste, and add more lime juice as needed.
- Serve at room temperature.