For the Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- zest of 1 lemon
- coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the Salad
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup roughly chopped parsley, lightly packed
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped mint
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the cauliflower in half and remove the thick center core. Roughly chop the florets. Working in batches, add half of the cauliflower to the food processor. Pulse until the cauliflower is broken down and resembles ‘rice’ (alternatively, use a box grater). Transfer to a large bowl and repeat with the remaining cauliflower.
- To the bowl, add the olive oil and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper and mix well to combine. Spread the cauliflower onto your baking sheet. Roast for about 15 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, add all of the salad ingredients to another large bowl for serving. Season with salt and pepper and allow the tomatoes and herbs to marinate.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven and cool on the tray while you toast the almonds.
- Place the almonds in a dry, non-stick pan. Begin to toast over low heat, stirring occasionally. The almonds are ready when light golden brown in color, about 5 minutes or so.
- Remove the garlic clove from the tomato and herb bowl. Add the cauliflower and toss well. Taste, and season with extra salt and pepper, or lemon juice if necessary.
- Chill the tabbouleh in the fridge until ready to serve, or enjoy at room temperature.