- 4 handfuls of curly kale
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 green apple, unpeeled
- 1 small wedge of purple cabbage
Ginger Curry Vinaigrette
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 heaped tsp. madras curry powder
- 2 tsp. honey
- ½ inch piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- ½ clove of garlic
- ½ c. olive oil
- coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup leftover cooked quinoa
- 1 hass avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 1/4 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- To make the vinaigrette, add all of the ingredients to a food processor. Blitz to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Pour your dressing into a bowl or container for easy storage. Unplug the machine and fit with the shredder attachment (no need to clean it out).
- Add the kale leaves to a salad bowl. Pour some of the dressing on top. Get in there with your hands and gently massage the leaves; the acidity from the dressing will tenderize the kale. Let it sit for about 15 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile, shred the carrots, apple, and cabbage in the food processor. Add to the kale.
- Add the leftover cooked quinoa and avocado. Mix gently to combine.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle with pepitas, raisins and pomegranate seeds. Toss with extra dressing, if desired.