- 2 cups cooked rotini pasta*
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced pancetta
- 1 cup thinly sliced leeks, white and light green part only
- 1 1/2 cup thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1tbsp butter
- good handful of parmesan cheese
- coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
*1 cup of dry, uncooked pasta yields about 2 cups cooked pasta.
- If you’re using dry pasta, go ahead and prepare it according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet warm the olive oil over medium heat. Add the pancetta and sauté until lightly golden, about 3-5 minutes.
- Throw in the leeks and cook until they start to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the zucchini and continue to cook for another 3 minutes or so. Season with salt and pepper.
- Now add your pasta to the pan. Pour in the chicken stock, butter, and a good handful of parmesan cheese. Stir well until the liquid starts to thicken. Add the peas.
- To serve, pile the pasta onto a giant platter or into a nice serving bowl.
- Garnish with extra parmesan on the side.