- 2 lbs. yukon gold or russet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 c. chopped leeks, white + light green part only
- 1 small celery stalk
- 1 clove of garlic, sliced
- 1 quart of chicken stock
- 1 c. milk
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- salt + pepper
- celery leaves
- In a large heavy bottom pot, warm the olive oil over moderate heat.
- Saute the leeks, celery, and garlic until soft, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the sliced potatoes and enough stock to cover all of the ingredients. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to low. Simmer until the potatoes are tender and cooked through, about 20-30 minutes.
- Working in batches, puree the soup in a blender with the lid vented. Add more stock or water if it’s too thick. Process gently; over blending will create a gummy texture. Alternatively, use a hand held immersion blender.
- Return the soup to the pot and add the milk.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm and garnish with celery leaves.