Sun-dried tomato basil vinaigrette
- 1/2 c. roughly chopped sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 6 basil leaves, roughly chopped
- salt + pepper, to taste
- 1 lb. fingerling potatoes, left whole
- 1/3 c. roughly chopped parsley
- handful of basil leaves, cut into ribbons
*Taste this salad as you go, adding a bit more vinegar, seasoning, and herbs if you like.
- To make the vinaigrette, add all of the ingredients to a mini food-processor or blender. Add 1 tbsp. of oil from the jar sun-dried tomatoes. Run the machine until blended; the mixture will be chunky. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place the potatoes into a pot, and add just enough water to cover. Bring to a gentle boil and then reduce the heat to low. Simmer for about 20 minutes, or until a potato easily releases when pierced with a pairing knife. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Slice the potatoes in half lengthwise, and place into a large bowl.
- Add dollops of tomato vinaigrette and toss gently with a large spoon.
- Add the fresh herbs.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve at room temperature.