- 4 large handfuls of mixed greens
- 1/2 c. strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 c. pineapple, thinly sliced
- 1 orange, cut into segments
- 1 c. shelled edamame
- 2 haas avocados, sliced
Carrot + ginger dressing
- 3 tbsp. white miso*
- 1 small carrot, peeled + sliced
- 1 heaped tsp. grated ginger
- 1/4 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. mirin
- 2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar (not seasoned)
- 1/2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 c. vegetable or mild olive oil
- 2 tbsp. water + more as needed
- sesame seeds
* This salad is meant for adaptations. Feel free to add more or less fruit to suite your taste.
*To make this gluten-free, be sure to look for brown-rice based white miso. Gluten-free brands include Eden Foods & South River Miso.
- To make the salad dressing, add all of the ingredients to a blender. Process until smooth and creamy (make sure that the carrot, ginger and garlic are broken down). If the dressing is too thick, add a splash of water to loosen it up. Pour into a container and set aside. This dressing will keep for up to 1 week in the fridge.
- Add the mixed greens, strawberries, pineapple, orange slices and edamame to a large bowl. Toss well to combine.
- Right before serving, cut the avocado into slices and sprinkle with rice wine vinegar to prevent them from turning brown.
- Top the salad with the avocado and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve right away with the carrot + ginger dressing on the side.