- 1 lb. shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/3 c. sweet chili sauce
- 1 1/4 c. snow peas
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1/3 c. cashews, roughly chopped
- 1 lime
On the side
- 1 1/2 c. jasmine rice, uncooked (or another quick cooking variety)
- Grab a medium size pot and cook the rice according to the package instructions. Set aside.
- In a large, wide skillet warm the olive oil over moderate heat.
- Using a microplane, grate the garlic clove directly into the pan. Alternatively, you can mince the garlic instead. Saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the shrimp and saute until pink and cooked though, about 5 minutes depending on size. Remove from the pan.
- While the shrimp is cooking, trim the ends off of the snow peas. Cut each one into thirds, on a diagonal.
- Add the sesame oil to the pan and saute the snow peas until crisp tender, about 1-2 minutes.
- Return the shrimp to the pan and add the sweet chili sauce. Cook until warmed through. Add more chili sauce if necessary.
- Top each plate with some chopped cashews and fresh lime wedges to taste.
- Serve with jasmine rice.
* If using frozen shrimp, make sure that they are defrosted before cooking. Pat dry with paper towels to remove any excess moisture.