Summer has bestowed itself upon us. It’s hot. This is a wonderfully light and refreshing cocktail perfect to sip on while basking in the sun. It’s made from fresh white peaches, peach infused vodka, and a hint of lime.
The great thing about this recipe is that you can make the peach purée in advance. It will keep in the fridge for a couple of days, or you can pop it into the freezer in ice cube trays. Seeking out peach vodka is definitely a must. It really enhances the natural flavor of the white peach (you can always substitute with regular vodka, but it won’t quite taste the same!)
Make a big batch of this cooler for your next barbecue party and you’ll have friends for life.
Now if I could only get that inground pool…Print
- 6 white peaches
- 1–2 tbsp. of sugar, depending on sweetness
- 1/4 c. water
- 2 limes
Drink (for 1 person):
- 1 oz. (2 tbsp.) of peach puree
- 1 oz. (2 tbsp.) of peach vodka, such as absolut
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- splash of club soda
- 1 bunch of mint
- extra limes
- Wash and pit your peaches. Leave the skin on.
- To make the puree, chop up your peaches and pour them into a large pot. Add the sugar, water, and the juice of 2 limes. Simmer over medium heat until the fruit is soft and broken down. This should take about about 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
- If you want a smooth puree, strain the mixture. This step is optional. Set aside to cool.
- Fill a large glass with ice. Stir in your peach puree and vodka. Add a splash of club soda and lime juice, and give it a taste. Adjust to your liking. Garnish with mint and extra lime.
* This recipe yields enough peach puree for 6-8 drinks. The ingredients above makes 1 drink.
* Freeze any extra puree in ice cube trays. Store in freezer bags. They will keep for about 3 months.
* If you can’t find white peaches, substitute with regular peaches or peach nectar.