a feature in oprah magazine

oprah magazine | theclevercarrot

It was 9:30 PM.

And there was an unexpected knock at the door.

The kids were fast asleep, so I quietly tip-toed downstairs and peeked through the window.

It was my dad.

From time to time, my dad will stop over unannounced so I wasn’t all that surprised. But on this particular occasion, I knew something was different (no one stops by when the kids are sleeping- enter at your own risk!).

So, I opened the door.

He handed me a magazine.

A very familiar magazine…

“If you turn to page 96, you’ll see your recipe from The Clever Cookbook. Congratulations sweetheart, you’re in Oprah Magazine” he said.

oprah magazine | theclevercarrot

I nearly passed out from excitement!

My editor told me about the feature before it was published; I just didn’t know when I would see it for the first time.

The moment was something I’ll never forget. I could hear my heart beating while I froze outside (no socks) skimming through the pages like a maniac. What a fantastic surprise!

So, the next time you’re out and about look for the latest issue of The Oprah Magazine (January 2016).

You will get a sneak peek of my 30 Minute Broccoli and Feta Soup from The Clever Cookbook. The recipe is part of their ‘Green Gems’ feature. Available worldwide!

I do hope you get a chance to see it.

And if not, I will be giving away a few signed copies!

To enter, just leave a comment below! Preference goes to email subscribers and to those who have pre-ordered the book (you can pre-order here, if you’d like)

WOO HOO!!

Comments

1. Melanie C. says

How exciting for you! Congratulations! And it is precious that your dad was so excited he had to come over right then and there. He must be so proud.

2. Debbie G says

WOW…maybe you’ll be on the list for next years Oprah’s favorite things:). How wonderful to be noticed. The soup sounds wonderful & I will be trying it.

This issue has been sitting on my desktop for about a week or so…I was waiting to crack into it after the new year…I cannot believe you’re in Oprah(!) – I take that back…I can believe it(!)…but I am beyond excited for you! Congratulations on all of your wonderful accomplishments this year, my friend!

Merryl! It’s so nice to see you! Thank you very much. Hope you are doing well and enjoy your beautiful summer. :) xo

OMG Emilie, what a great surprise and WOW!! super duper excited and can’t wait to get my copy of your book. Happy New Year and thank you for all your love and support xoxo

5. Diana says

I’m brand new to your site-I have to say wow and congratulations! You’ve paired two of my favorite foods-can’t wait to try your recipe!!

6. Linda says

Love your recipes. I have been making your recipe for chocolate sourdough. It is a big hit. Have used it as hostess gifts and Christmas presents for friends. Even sold some as part of a fundraiser to bring a Syrian family to our commitment.
    It’s great to watch you succeed. You deserve it. Your dad must be so proud.

7. Sarah says

What an absolute thrill for you and your team! Having Oprah Winfrey acknowledge you is on par with getting a nod from the Queen of England.

Congrats Emilie!!!!! I love that your dad saw it and it meant that much for him to drive over to your house at 9:30pm! soooooo sweet!!! Can’t wait to read your book! and I will definitely pick up the magazine! Congrats and I hope you enjoy everything that is about to come your way!!! woot woot!!!

9. Joi Caplen says

Somehow I found you through Cup of Joe. Not only is your recipe creative and a visual powerhouse, it sounds delicious. can’t wait to try it and also your other amazing meals.
    Joi Caplen

10. Christine Spataro says

Brought tears to my eyes! This is awesome…I am applying to law school, and was going through some papers…I came across one you and I were working on, regarding our infamous historical writing class. I am very excited for you!!! You have always been awesome! Can’t wait to receive the cook book.
    ~Christine.

Wowza, Emilie… congratulations (well deserved!) I’ve been feeling the need for a magazine fix (I treat myself to ‘em every now and then) and will go in search of the latest Oprah mag to toast your success. (Ulterior motive… to make your soup. Sounds so good!) Can only imagine how ‘singular’ that experience felt… ahhhhhh… way to go! (Cool that the ‘news’ was delivered by your Dad, too.) You’re on your way, kiddo! Happy New Year. :)

Oh my gosh thats AMAZING! Not that I watch Oprah (it’s not massive here in Australia) but I’m pretty much she’s an international household name with huge influence! So happy for you Em. You deserve every little bit of the attention you’re getting (you incredibly talented woman!) xx